History

Nepal Tea Development Corporation (NTDC) was established in 1966 AD with an aim to produce high quality Himalayan tea in the form of 7 Tea Estates. Among them, 5 Tea Estates were planted under British Technical Collaboration before 35 years and 2 Tea Estates were planted by Colonel Gajraj Singh Thapa in 1863 A.D. In 2000 AD, Nepal Government gave Triveni Group the control of the 7 estates under privatization policy.

Most of the tea gardens are located in the Eastern region on the foothills of Mt Kanchanjunga.